Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do you change the windshield wipers in a 1985 Lincoln Town Car?

I have a 1985 Lincoln Town Car and I can't figure out how to change the windshield wipers. I tried opening the hood and changing them that way but that didn't work. They don't pull straight up and turning them on then off when they are up doesn't work either. They just go back down. Can someone help me?How do you change the windshield wipers in a 1985 Lincoln Town Car?
dr layne is right. Turn off the key, when wipers are midway up the windshield, so you can pull the arm straight out away from the windsheild, grab the wiper and flip it over. This will allow you to remove the entire head, not the arm. Then follow the directions that came with the new wipers. I would suggest replace the entire wiper head, not just the rubber piece and get an expensive set of wipers ($10.00), not the cheapest ($3.00). How do you change the windshield wipers in a 1985 Lincoln Town Car?
You should do what I do, pull up in front of Pepboys, or AutoZone, and ask a silly question to make them think you're clueless i.e. %26quot;Can you show me where the tools are to install windshield wipers%26quot; or %26quot;Can you show me where these go on my car?%26quot; . They'll come out to show you, and usually end up doing it for you. How do you change the windshield wipers in a 1985 Lincoln Town Car?
Turn the wipers on, while they are in mid wipe, turn off the key, not the switch. If you turn off the switch while the key is on, they will park under the hood.
  • reptiles
  • child homework
  •