Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do i remove the windshield wipers from my Ford thunderbird?

I have a 1995 Ford Thunderbird. i havent had it very long and now its time to change the windershield wipers. the problem is, i think they are stuck. there is a little bar sticking out im pretty sure you just push it and it supposed to come off. well, its not. there isnt any hook on it either so it cant be that. trust me i looked. can anyone give me some tips on how to get them off. please help me out cause its been raining alot and i cant drive anywhere now.How do i remove the windshield wipers from my Ford thunderbird?
im guessing that the wipers you are trying to take off are the ones that look like they have a spring in them holding it to the wiper arm. if i am right then the way i change them is take a small flat head screw driver and pry the end of the springs towards the openingand they will fall in releasing the tension holding the wipers on. slide them off and put the new blades onHow do i remove the windshield wipers from my Ford thunderbird?
well thank you for the best answer im glad i could help you

Report Abuse

How do i remove the windshield wipers from my Ford thunderbird?
Umm push the button in and remove them, if you are not capable of doing that, most shops will only charge .2 hours to change them for you.How do i remove the windshield wipers from my Ford thunderbird?
sometimes you have to wiggle it and pull.. you have the right idea. Try to drive to autozone or advanced auto. They will help you...How do i remove the windshield wipers from my Ford thunderbird?
Try looking for a tab to press then tap it out. If it is hinged at the centre of the wiper, try bending it all the way back and the press the pin out.