Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Centennial Chevrolet Body Shop Uniontown, PA READ!!?

A guy wrecked into the side of my car which smashed the bumper, fender, doors, headlight, foglight, resevoirs and some other stuff. His insurance company called and gave me a list of everyone that you can choose (or what they recommend) Centennial was considered their select service. They are supposed to do outstanding work so I chose them. I dropped my car off and they said that they would have it in a week or so which I was ok with. When I went to pick it up, the door handle wasn't painted. My car is all white and all you saw was this black door handle that stood out like a sore thumb! So, I was like %26quot;uhmm... I wonder what is going on here?%26quot; I asked and the manager, Bob Roach, and he was like %26quot;Oh well, my guy forgot to paint it. You can just take it home and come back another day.%26quot; I immediately said %26quot;No, I rather wait and have it fixed.%26quot; I was afraid that they would end up never fixing it. The guy got mad and was like %26quot;ok. whatever.%26quot; They never called to let me know that it wasnt actually done. I traveled 1hr out of my way to just turn around and go home. I wasn't really mad or anything, it was more of an inconveinence. About 2 days later, the secretary called and said that my car was done (she was very nice). I went and picked it up. The door handle that they were supposed to paint looked terrible. There was already a giant chip in it! They told us that they cut us a deal and painted everything and all of that. I was like %26quot;wow! That's awesome. thanks.%26quot; I got home and wanted to really look at my car because I was so excited!. As I started looking at it, I became very disappointed. The TOUCH UP paint from a few years back was visible under the paint. They had told us that they sanded everything down so it would look great. Well, obviously not. One of the dents that we paid extra for to get taken out was shotty. It was still dented! They just slapped some paint over top of it. They didn't blend it. Some parts looked bright white and other spots were significantly dull. My fog light didn't work. They busted my windshield wiper off and just set it on the window hoping I wouldn't notice. There was paint on my headlights that they didn't even try to wipe off. I was just amazed at the problems. I didn't want to be rude so I just called the manager, Bob Roach, and asked if I could have my fog light fixed, the paint wiped off and my door handle fixed. I wasn't even going to yell about the other stuff. I called him. I was trying to be really nice and he started yelling at me. He said %26quot;No, That car was in bad shape. There were so many things wrong with it and I did all kinds of free work. I will NOT fix anything. Good ByE!!!!%26quot; I didn't even get a chance to say a word before he hung up on me. I called back and asked%26quot; What free work did you do? For the extra stuff, I asked for a quote and you told me 400. I would have paid more thats just what you asked me for?%26quot; He yelled again and said %26quot; No, here's how its going to be. I will change the light bulb that's it. That car is not my problem. It is in better condition then when it got here.%26quot; I was like %26quot;what are you talking about? my door handle didnt have a gigantic chip out of it. I did not ask you to sand it down! It was painted before and it looked good!%26quot; Why did you even sand it? He goes%26quot; It was an accident. They werent supposed to sand back that far%26quot; I was like %26quot;Ok? So you just slap some paint on it and call it a day? It wasn't my mistake!%26quot; He hung up again. So this time, I did get mad. I tried being nice and he just kept hanging up on me and flipping out. I was like %26quot;Ok, look here. I'm really tired of you hanging up on me. I'm trying to be nice, but this is ridiculous. He starts yelling. So I'm like %26quot; No, buddy, I'm tired of this. You listen to me. I did not bring my car to your shop to get it in almost worse condition. I did not ask to be screamed at. I did not ask for you to sand my door handle on the OPPOSITE side of the accident!!!!!!! So, I suggest you stop yelling at me and talk this out like adults.%26quot; We just had more of a conversation and it ended with. I'm not doing anything about it. It's your problem now. So, I am telling everyone what happened to me so it doesn't happen to anyone else! Please don't go here. The guy is ridiculously rude and they don't care about any of the work they do. The receipt even says that if you are not satisfied, they will gladly repair it. Wow is that a lie!Centennial Chevrolet Body Shop Uniontown, PA READ!!?
Contact the insurance company that sent you there, and have them straighten it out.